Friday 16 March 2012

The 'I-am-not-wearing-makeup' makeup

Today I just wanted to do a natural look that can be worn every day and it almost looks like you are not wearing any makeup. But you are of course, it's just the kind that's only there to even out your skintone and to give some dimension to your face. Excuse the crap hairstyle please, I just wanted to get the hair off my face so that it doesn't get in the way.


Before
Scary, eh? :D So this is the before picture, you can see my eyebrows and eyelashes are pretty much invisible, there is a little bit of redness going on in places and having a kid is certainly not the best against dark under-eye circles. 



After












Well, a smile could have made the after picture look a lot better, but you see how the brows and lashes make a lot of difference? I used dark brown eyeshadow on the brows, and on the lashes brown mascara as this gives a much softer look than black. A light layer of foundation (fortunately my skin is OK, I don't have blemishes or scars to hide), subtle contouring, some corrector under the eyes, just a touch of blusher and a natural coloured lipstick, and there you go. Looks like I just had a relaxing holiday. My lips are a bit assymetrical, which can be improved a lot with lipliner but I wanted to keep this very natural looking.

Just one thing. I was using Rimmel Stay Matte foundation for this one, and I have to say I am not a huge fan. It felt very watery somehow when I was applying it and was a bit difficult to blend into the skin. Its coverage was OK for me because I don't really have much to cover but if you do, it is not going to be for you. Also, I didn't find it to have a matte finnish at all despite the name, it really needed the powder on top. Yes, it is very reasonably priced but you could do better with Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. It's the same price range but it feels really light, blends like a dream and it is matte. Better coverage, too, although still not full, but for every day use I think it works really well for combination skin like mine.

Have a lovely weekend!

What should come next? Let me know! Questions are welcome as always :)

No comments:

Post a Comment